Registration: Studio Tour Artists Exhibit Registration
Sunday, September 29, 2 – 4 pm
Monday, September 30, 10 am – 1 pm
You may submit 1 or 2 pieces. There is no submission fee, this is included in your registration.
This allows First Friday attendees (usually 400+!)
as well as those visiting the gallery during the tour to see your latest work. Gallery staff and volunteers will be able to promote you and direct prospective buyers to your studio.
Curators: Patti & Dave Hegland
Exhibition Dates: October 2 – 27, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday, October 4, 5-8 p.m
Gallery Talk: Thursday, October 10, 5:30 – 7 pm.
Pick-up: Sunday, October 27, 5 – 7 pm
Monday, October 28, 10 am – 1 pm
Although online submission is not required, we highly encourage artists to pre-register using the online registration form below and payment.
- Upon submission of the entry form, (see below) you will be redirected to a payment page. Entries will not be accepted until payment is received. Waived for Studio Tour artists.
We ask that you upload your images to Dropbox. You will be redirected to the correct link once you have submitted your registration
Requirements for Art
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired for hanging. Works on paper should be framed behind glass or plexiglass. Unframed works of fine art, e.g. paintings on canvas, are accepted if appropriately wired for hanging.
- Reproductions such as giclees are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally by or under the direction of the artist, and signed.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Work should not have previously been shown in Chestertown.
- Artists submitting work will be asked to sign a contract at the time of submission giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale. A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
- Artists pay hanging fees of $10 per piece of art if a member and $20 per piece if not a member.WAIVED FOR STUDIO TOUR!!
- Artists submitting work must pick up (or arrange with a friend to pick up) art at the end of the show during the checkout dates and times. RiverArts does not have adequate storage space to protect art.
- All work sent to RiverArts via USPS, UPS or another carrier must have a prepaid return label included.
Please email email@example.com with any questions
or call 410 778 6300