The KidSPOT coordinator reports directly to the RiverArts Executive Director and oversees the day-to-day operations of KidSPOT. The coordinator is the face of KidSPOT and will interact with participating families and the general public to ensure they feel welcomed and understand our mission and established procedures.
The KidSPOT coordinator leads the Saturday morning activities at a minimum of 2 Saturdays per month, (open to the public from 9 am – noon), plus prep time.The coordinator is responsible for scheduling alternate Saturday activity leaders, as approved by the Executive Director. Additional hours should be spent on KidSPOT administration as outlined below..
- Collaborate with the KidSPOT Advisory Committee to plan and set up centers and creative spaces.
- Work with Executive Director and Advisory Committee to provide descriptions of KidSPOT activities to be used for promotional purposes including social media posts as appropriate.
- Work with Executive Director and Advisory Committee to develop special events and classes as appropriate.
- Coordinate Judy Center PreK & K sessions and First Friday exhibits.
- Budget for supplies, manage the supply inventory, and screen/organize donations.
- Recruit and organize volunteers to staff creativity centers and help with KidSPOT events and community outreach events.
- Maintain records of volunteer hours.
- Keep the KidSPOT space organized and tidy.
- Ensure that the “Procedures for Closing” checklist is completed each Saturday.
- Notify Executive Assistant when supplies are needed for maintaining facility.
Administration and Reporting
- Submit a weekly report of participants attending KidSPOT.
- Attend the monthly Kidspot Advisory Committee meeting on the second Wednesday evening of the month.
- Give weekly updates to the executive director as requested.
- Other tasks as needed
The ideal candidate should:
- Have early childhood or elementary education experience
- Be creative and flexible
- Be adept at social media
- Have experience managing volunteers
Job Type: Part time, approx 35 hours month
Please send resume by December 21, 2018 to:
315 High Street, Suite 106
Chestertown, MD 21620
or send via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org