Our Gallery Gift Shop has a stylish selection of high quality decorative and wearable art. Ceramics, jewelry, wood, furniture, paintings and prints, quilts, woven and knit-wear are all handmade by our member artists and artisans.
Let us help you find the perfect gift for a birthday, wedding, other special occasions – or yourself!
Gallery Gift Shop hours are Tuesday – Friday, 11 am to 5:30 pm, Saturdays 10 – 5:30, Sundays 11 am – 3pm.
Member Artists are eligible to sell work in the gift shop. For more details, and to pay annual fee, use link below.
Gift Shop Artists of the Month – Claire Gervais and Mary O’Bara
Claire Gervais is a registered nurse at a local Elementary school and lives in Chestertown, Maryland. During her limited free time, she taught herself how to weave wall hangings on small and large looms. Her inspiration comes from nature and outdoor adventures, especially the Chesapeake Bay and the mountains, infused with a Boho/Scandinavian style.
Favorite materials used in the wall hangings include natural fibers such as wool and cotton, as well as drift wood, rope and hemp. Claire’s wall hangings can be found in the River Arts Gift Shop, as well as She She’s on Main Street. She also enjoys working with clients to create custom pieces. Claire hopes to eventually open her own Etsy store.
Mary paints in several mediums and most subjects, but is best known for the wooden plaques, approximately
8″ x 5″, she has painted of historic town buildings;which are also available as 3″ x 4″ ornaments. She has an extensive inventory of these buildings from Betterton to Wye Mills, including Washington College in Chestertown,
She especially enjoys painting the homes and pets of her customers, which also includes boats and vehicles. Their photographs are used to create a replica on wood,paper or canvas. Her houses have traveled to most states in America, France and Scotland to date. She lives in Chestertown, MD and works from her home.
- Gift Shop Artists of the Month – Ronnie Edelman & Rachel Hertz
- Gift Shop Artist of the Month – Gene Adcock, Turner of Truro
- Gift Shop Artists of the Month: Joan Brown & Stephanie Somers
- Gift Shop Artists of the Month: Gloria Merriken & Antoinette Smith
- Gift Shop Artists – June & July 2018
- Gift Shop Artists – April & May
- Gift Shop Artists – February & March
- Gift Shop Artists – December & January
- Gift Shop Artists -August & September
- Gift Shop Artists -June & July
- Gift Shop Artists -April & May
- Gift Shop Artists for February & March
- October Gift Shop Artists of the Month:
- Sept. Gift Shop Artist of the Month
- August Gift Shop Artist of the Month
- May Gift Shop Artist of the Month – Charlotte Guschl
- March 2016 Gift Shop Artist of the Month- Patty Mowell
- Artist of the Month -February