Our Gallery Gift Shop has a stylish selection of high quality decorative and wearable art. Ceramics, jewelry, wood, furniture, paintings and prints, quilts, woven and knit-wear are all handmade by our member artists and artisans.
Let us help you find the perfect gift for a birthday, wedding, other special occasions – or yourself!
Gallery Gift Shop hours are Tuesday – Friday, 11 am to 5:30 pm, Saturdays 10 – 5:30, Sundays 11 am – 3pm.
Member Artists are eligible to sell work in the gift shop. For more details, and to pay annual fee, use link below.
Gift Shop Artists of the Month – David Beehler and Nathan King
David grew up in a small ship building town about 90 miles north of New York City . His grandfather was a ships carpenter, which helps to explain his love for working with wood. His parents bought him his first wood plane when he was five years old and he still uses it today. After graduating from Villanova with a BS in Physics, he worked in industry in fields ranging from rocket development to plastic packaging and label printing. He retired in 2001 while living in New Orleans and restored over 100 pieces of furniture for victims of hurricane Katrina.
He has conducted woodworking classes for children at Country Day School in New Orleans and Friends School in Wilmington, DE. He is currently serving as one of the “coaches” for the First State Woodturners support of Mt. Pleasant HS woodturning class.
Turning bowls and a variety of small objects on the lathe is one of his favorite pastimes although he also makes furniture such as a pencil post bed, a sleigh bed, coffee tables and natural edge benches. He has committed to turning a container each month for “Beads of Courage” as part of a program with First StateWoodturners and the A I DuPont Children’s Hospital.
Some of his work can be viewed on his website woodworkingbydavid.com. It is also available at RiverArts, Alleghany Arts & Crafts Center in Clifton Forge, VA and Rooted in New London, PA.
Nathan King is a resident of Rock Hall, Maryland, and has been doing blacksmithing for over 10 years. In fact, his eighth birthday party was a blacksmithing party. He is a graduate of Kent County High School and will be attending Rochester Institute of Technology in the fall to pursue a degree in mechanical engineering.
He grew up in an artistic family; his mother is a potter and father operates a bronze art foundry. Blacksmithing has always fascinated him, the sparks, the fire and the ability to move red hot metal into any shape you want It has been his interest for a long time. In creating his art he likes to explore new methods and ideas to see how different shapes and figures look when combined together.
Everything he makes is done all by hand so rest assured, he is confident that if you decide to purchase one of his items it will be one of a kind.
- Gift Shop Artists of the Month – Claire Gervais and Mary O’Bara
- Gift Shop Artists of the Month – Ronnie Edelman & Rachel Hertz
- Gift Shop Artist of the Month – Gene Adcock, Turner of Truro
- Gift Shop Artists of the Month: Joan Brown & Stephanie Somers
- Gift Shop Artists of the Month: Gloria Merriken & Antoinette Smith
- Gift Shop Artists – June & July 2018
- Gift Shop Artists – April & May
- Gift Shop Artists – February & March
- Gift Shop Artists – December & January
- Gift Shop Artists -August & September
- Gift Shop Artists -June & July
- Gift Shop Artists -April & May
- Gift Shop Artists for February & March
- October Gift Shop Artists of the Month:
- Sept. Gift Shop Artist of the Month
- August Gift Shop Artist of the Month
- May Gift Shop Artist of the Month – Charlotte Guschl
- March 2016 Gift Shop Artist of the Month- Patty Mowell
- Artist of the Month -February