We encourage students and clay enthusiasts to join us during Open Studio Times. Please check our calendar for dates and times. Below are some guidelines for participation in Open Studio:
- Class participants get one free session of open studio per week.
- Additional visits are $10 a session. A session is normally 3 to 4 hours.
- Students are responsible for clay and glaze firing fees.
- Please clean up after yourself.
- A studio monitor is present to assist with questions or concerns.
If you have questions or concerns, please speak to the clay studio coordinator, Wanda Brumwell at email@example.com, or you may contact Clay Studio directly at 443-282-0030 or the RiverArts Gallery at 410-778-6300.
Open Studio Monitors Needed
To qualify as a monitor, you must have completed at least one pottery class at the RiverArts clay studio so that you are fully aware of how we function. Monitors’ session fees are waived for sessions they oversee.
- show up on time and unlock the doors
- turn on lights and heat/air conditioning
- make sure everything is in order for open studio
- remain at the studio during your entire scheduled time
- ensure participants complete sign in sheet
- answer any questions that participants or people off the street may have
- get information from people who may want to take classes/workshops
- make sure everything is clean and put away before people leave (if there is a mess after everyone has left, then it will be the monitor’s job to clean it up)
- write down any unanswered questions and needed supplies, adjust heat/ac, turn off the lights and other equipment and lock the doors.
If you’d like to be an Open Studio monitor, please contact Wanda Brumwell with your preferred days/times. There will also be a sign-up/schedule in the studio.
204 High Street
(443) 282- 0030