Open to all media.
Curators: Barbara & Jack Fancher
The waterways of the Eastern Shore overflow with history, life and activity. All life on the Eastern Shore interacts in countless ways which makes this a rich environment full of wonder. The Shore has evolved around its watery environment, from farming on land and in the water, to communities large and small, and generating a culture of hardy and creative people who live, work and play close to the water.
Artists of all kinds find inspiration on the Eastern Shore. Share with us your interpretations of this beautiful, and bountiful unique locality. We would love to present to the public a variety of two dimensional and three dimensional art.
Exhibition Dates: September 1- October 1, 2017
Opening Reception: Friday, September 1, 5-8 pm
Online Submission Deadline:: August 25, 2017
Drop-off: Sunday, August 27, 2-4 pm and Monday August 28, 10 am-1 pm
Pick-up: Sunday, October 1, 2- 4 pm and Monday, October 2 , 10 am- 1 pm
Online Submissions Closed
$20 fee per each non-member entry; $10 fee per each RiverArts member entry and all student entries.
Although online submission is not required for this show, we highly encourage artists to pre-register. It is required for all juried shows, and in the future we will be moving to electronic submission for all exhibits.
- Completed Entry Form (below). Limit: Two artworks per artist.
- Upon submission of the entry form, you will be redirected to a payment page. Entries will not be accepted until payment is received.
Digital image of artwork should be in jpeg format for each entry (4 MB maximum size allowed),submitted with Entry Form.
Requirements for Art
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired for hanging. Works on paper should be framed behind glass or plexiglass. Unframed works of fine art, e.g. paintings on canvas, are accepted if appropriately wired for hanging.
- Reproductions such as giclees are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally by or under the direction of the artist, and signed.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Work should not have previously been shown in Chestertown.
- Artists submitting work will be asked to sign a contract at the time of submission giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale. A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
- Artists pay hanging fees of $10 per piece of art if a member and $20 per piece if not a member.
- Artists submitting work must pick up (or arrange with a friend to pick up) art at the end of the show during the check out dates and times. RiverArts does not have adequate storage space to protect art.
- All work sent to RiverArts via USPS, UPS or another carrier must have a prepaid return label included.
- PLEASE NOTE IMAGES MUST BE IN JPEG FORM AND NO LARGER THAN 4 MB