Call to Holiday Gift Show Artists:
The most successful sales event in the entire RiverArts calendar is the annual Holiday Gift Sale. Some of you have been creating gift items throughout the year but there’s still time for new artists to participate.
The show will start with a preview for members on Thursday, November 17, and will open to the public on “Black Friday,” November 25. We also expect a crowd of shoppers during Chestertown’s First Friday festivities on December 2. Items will remain on sale in the gallery through the end of December to tempt end-of-year shoppers.
RiverArts welcomes gift items in any medium. In the past, the gallery has shown works in metal, gem stones, wood, fiber, ceramics, photography, oil, acrylic & pastel, and more. Painters, sculptors, knitters, weavers, potters, jewelers, carvers and quilters have both made money and increased their exposure. Although we prefer items priced under $100 (they tend to sell best), higher priced work will be accepted. We also suggest fine-art “miniatures” as a way to encourage new collectors. In addition to any-season gifts, those with a holiday theme also do well. RiverArts does remind artists that this is an art show as much as a sales opportunity—we want to see the high quality work that that our members are known for.
Full details about dates and registration will be sent later but here are the basics:
- Artists must be current members of RiverArts and pay a $10 registration fee. (Artists who currently show in the RiverArts Gift Shop are exempt from the registration fee and are encouraged to supplement their stock on hand.)
- All work must be original and professionally presented.
- All work must be clearly identified, priced and registered. All items in the show may be purchased and removed by the buyer immediately.
- Artists are limited to 3 large or 30 small items (but stocks can be replenished as items are sold).
- Work must be dropped off on Sunday, November 13 or Monday, November 14 and picked up on January 2 or 3.
- Artists are expected to attend opening events and volunteer as docents during the show. Remember- you are your best salesperson!
If you are new to RiverArts or know someone creative who might wish to join and participate, Sue Wright (email@example.com) will be happy to answer your questions or guide you toward the most appropriate items to include in the show. We won’t be registering artists/items until November, but it would be really helpful if you send
RiverArts an email now, firstname.lastname@example.org. indicating your intention to participate and letting us know what type of art you plan to submit. We can use this information in pre-show publicity and it helps us plan effective display materials.