Call to Artists for Adult Students Who Have Taken a RiverArts Class in 2017
Open to all media.
Curator: Mike Pugh
Exhibition Dates: November 3 – 12, 2017
Opening Reception: Friday, November 3, 5-8 pm
Online Submission Deadline: October 28, 2017
Drop-off: Sunday, October 29, 2-4 pm and Monday, October 30, 10 am-1 pm
Pick-up: Sunday, November 12, 2- 4 pm and Monday, November 13, 10 am- 1 pm
This two week show will feature work inspired by and produced in RiverArts classes over the past year, highlighting the talented artists in our community as well as wide variety of programming on offer. Mediums include ceramics, photography, fiber, jewelry, pastels, oils, watercolor and mixed media. Curator Mike Pugh is the RiverArts Clay Studio manager. His avocation has always been in pottery and the American craft tradition.
This is not a juried exhibition. Students are encouraged to submit one or two works that were completed during, or inspired by, your RiverArts class. Two-dimensional artworks should be framed, wired, and ready to hang.
All Clay Studio Classes
$10 fee per each non-member entry; $5 fee per each RiverArts member entry and all student entries.
Although online submission is not required for this show, we highly encourage artists to pre-register. It is required for all juried shows, and in the future, we will be moving to electronic submission for all exhibits.
- Completed Entry Form (below). Limit: Two artworks per artist.
- Upon submission of the entry form, you will be redirected to a payment page. Entries will not be accepted until payment is received.
Digital image of artwork should be in jpeg format for each entry (4 MB maximum size allowed), submitted with Entry Form.
Requirements for Art
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired for hanging. Works on paper should be framed behind glass or plexiglass. Unframed works of fine art, e.g. paintings on canvas, are accepted if appropriately wired for hanging.
- Reproductions such as giclees are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally by or under the direction of the artist, and signed.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Work should not have previously been shown in Chestertown.
- Artists submitting work will be asked to sign a contract at the time of submission giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale. A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
- Artists pay hanging fees of $5 per piece of art if a member and $10 per piece if not a member.
- Artists submitting work must pick up (or arrange with a friend to pick up) art at the end of the show during the checkout dates and times. RiverArts does not have adequate storage space to protect art.
- All work sent to RiverArts via USPS, UPS or another carrier must have a prepaid return label included.
- PLEASE NOTE IMAGES MUST BE IN JPEG FORM AND NO LARGER THAN 4 MB