January 2018 Members’ Show Call to Artists
Curator: Cindy Bowers Fulton
Open to all media
This is the show you all have been waiting for. The members’ show honors you, our wonderful members. Without you, there would be no RiverArts. We hope you all participate so we can show our public the artistic diversity that represents our community arts center on the Eastern Shore. We have members not only from the Eastern Shore but across the bridge, and we welcome everyone to participate in this show.
Let us show off our many different styles and media that we work in!!
Cheers, Cindy Fulton, curator
Exhibition Dates: January 5 – January 27, 2018
Opening Reception: Friday, January 5 5-8pm
Online Submission Deadline: December 31, 2017
Drop-off: Tuesday, January 2, 10am-3pm and Wednesday, January 3, 10am-1pm
Pick-up: Sunday, January 28 2-4pm and Monday, January 29, 10am-1pm
$10 fee per submission item.
Although online submission is not required for this show, we highly encourage artists to pre-register. It is required for all juried shows, and in the future, we will be moving to electronic submission for all exhibits.
- Completed Entry Form (below). Limit: Two artworks per artist.
- Upon submission of the entry form, you will be redirected to a payment page. Entries will not be accepted until payment is received.
Digital image of artwork should be in jpeg format for each entry (4 MB maximum size allowed), submitted with Entry Form.
Requirements for Art
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired for hanging. Works on paper should be framed behind glass or plexiglass. Unframed works of fine art, e.g. paintings on canvas, are accepted if appropriately wired for hanging.
- Reproductions such as giclees are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally by or under the direction of the artist, and signed.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Work should not have previously been shown in Chestertown.
- Artists submitting work will be asked to sign a contract at the time of submission giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale. A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
- Artists pay hanging fees of $10 per piece of art if a member.
- Artists submitting work must pick up (or arrange with a friend to pick up) art at the end of the show during the checkout dates and times. RiverArts does not have adequate storage space to protect art.
- All work sent to RiverArts via USPS, UPS or another carrier must have a prepaid return label included.
- PLEASE NOTE IMAGES MUST BE IN JPEG FORM AND NO LARGER THAN 4 MB