Call for Artists: Annual Holiday Show and Sale
The most successful sales event in the entire River Arts calendar is the annual Holiday Gift Sale. Some of you have been creating gift items throughout the year but there’s still plenty of time for new artists to participate.
The show will start with a preview for members on Thursday, November 15 and a public opening during the First Friday festivities on December7. Items remain on sale in the gallery through the end of December.
RiverArts welcomes gift items in any medium. In the past, the gallery has shown works in metal, gem stones, wood, fiber, ceramics, photography, oil, acrylic & pastel, and more. Painters, sculptors, knitters, weavers, potters, jewelers, carvers and quilters have both made money and increased their exposure. From past experience, items priced under $100 sell well, higher priced work is always welcome. In addition to any-season gifts, those with a holiday theme also do well. RiverArts does remind artists that this is an art show as much as a sales opportunity—we want to see the high quality, innovative and fresh work that our members are known for.
Popular and asked for items- Local and seasonally themed items, children’s gifts, pet accessories, and gifts for men.
Here are the details:
- Artists must be current members of RiverArts and pay a $10 registration fee.(RiverArts Gift Shop artists are exempted from this fee).
- All work must be original and professionally presented.
- All work must be clearly identified, priced and registered. All items in the show may be purchased and removed by the buyer immediately.
- Artists are limited to 3 large or 30 small items. All items should be brought at drop off. You will be notified if we wish you to replenish.
- Work must be dropped off on Sunday, November 11 or Monday, November 12 and picked up on December 30 or 31
- Artists are encouraged to attend opening events and volunteer as docents during the show. You are your best sales person!
If you are new RiverArts artist, or know someone creative who might wish to join and participate, let us know now. The curator for this event, Sue Wright
firstname.lastname@example.org would be happy to answer your questions.
Curator: Sue Wright
Show Dates: November 15 – December 31, 2018
Members’ Preview Party: Thursday, November 15, 5- 8 pm
Opening Reception: Friday, December 7, 5-8 p.m
Drop-off: Sunday, November 11, 1 – 4 pm (KidSPOT)
Monday, November 12, 10am -1pm
Pick-up: Sunday, December 30, 1 pm – 4 pm
Monday, December 31, 10 am – 3 pm
Questions, Please email email@example.com
or call 410 778 6300